Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Kryptonite...

Okay, the bad news first:

Our good karma hasn't come back and we've lost Superman. It turns out that Brian Gionta's lower-body injury is a broken bone in his foot and he's out indefinitely. (There are rumours that "indefinitely" is code for "about five weeks," which is sounding a whole lot better than "never ever" right about now.) Apparently he played until he just couldn't anymore, so I don't know how long this has been plaguing him, but his tenacity proves that he might just be Superman.

Still, this news comes mere days before we visit the Capitals, and I feel like Washington is one of those cities where you don't want to be without one of your top goal-scorers.

I don't remember hearing any updates on Matt D'Agostini's health yet, and as much as I want to know what's going on, I also hope that he's getting the rest and therapy he needs before he even thinks about getting back on the ice.

In other sports news, Impact captain Mauro Biello is set to announce his retirement. But he can't retire because I'm going to miss him!

Okay, let's move on from the Italian boys (sorry, Daddy, but there's other news to report) and get to some good news:



DID YOU SEE THAT SHOOTOUT.
Here's hoping that a killer shot on net will be a catalyst for Maxim Lapierre's much-needed turnaround. I don't know why he hasn't been as awesome this season as he was last, but after that shootout you can't give up on him.

Speaking of players other people were ready to give up on, I wonder if certain fans and people in the media feel dizzy after pulling such a quick 180 on Carey Price. Now, I think that after basically embarrassing a few Hurricanes, he deserves to hear some kind words... I'm just confused that some of those words are coming from the same people who were ready to see him go a mere two weeks ago. But I guess if there was no "scandal" in goaltending, some of those people would be unemployed.
All this to say that Price was fantastic during last night's shootout. Good enough, anyway, to take attention away from whoever may not have performed so well in yesterday's game. I'm glad to see people giving credit where it's due.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're a spambot, I'm just going to stop you right now. Your message will be deleted, so don't even bother, okay? Okay.