Saturday, December 12, 2009

Okay, so we've had better games against Atlanta

Tonight's game was great... if you're an Atlanta fan or Andrei Kostitsyn. (Maybe not so much if you're a Habs fan hoping for a wicked win when a cold suddenly hits you and you can't go out and party. I woke up this morning sounding like a completely normal person, and now when I speak it's like the Squeaky-Voiced Teenager and a lifelong smoker had a baby.)

Unfortunately, something happened in the second half of the game - I don't know if the Thrashers woke up or the Habs started slipping, but it was a pretty exciting game for a while. It just didn't end as well as it started.

The good news is that it's a pretty short flight home from Atlanta and the team will have some time to rest before facing Buffalo on Monday... this insane December schedule isn't doing anyone any favours and I'm pretty sure that fatigue is affecting a lot of players physically and mentally. (And who are we kidding, Ilya Kovalchuk is crazy good.) I think the game could have ended up much worse for Montreal, but a few players really came through for us when it mattered. For a better round-up of tonight's game than I gave you in this three-word post, go here.

Why the hell does the Thrashers staff need an ice girl to help replace a pane of glass? The girl gets paid to wear short shorts at hockey games in a state that's expecting 17 degree weather in the middle of December. I'm guessing she's not an engineer.
... Maybe it was bring your human Barbie to work day in Atlanta...

P.S.: Shoutout to the Ottawa Senators, who saw a flash of Classic Kovalev when he scored a hat trick against the Carolina Hurricanes tonight. 401 career goals! I bet Ottawa's hoping he keeps up the Classic Kovy act all season. I do too, as long as they don't beat us in the playoffs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're a spambot, I'm just going to stop you right now. Your message will be deleted, so don't even bother, okay? Okay.