Tuesday, August 3, 2010

You should be in pictures!

It's pouring outside and I still can't bring myself to terms with the fact that Glen Metropolit is off to Switzerland. It's days like this that I use to mess around on IMDB (you know, if I haven't tired of it from a whole day of movie-related work).

Anyway, I was reading up on The Other Guys, from Anchorman director/FunnyOrDie guy Adam McKay,  and found something pretty interesting.


Yes, you read that right. Samuel L. Jackson plays a character named P.K. How cool is that?

We've been spending the last little while trying to figure out who's cooler: the real P.K. or the guy who plays one in the movies. Subban is the happiest kid on earth, but Jackson gets paid to swear. Subban can go to work and wave to Jean Beliveau, but Jackson gets to make fun of Will Ferrell. Subban plays for the Canadiens, but Jackson was in Star Wars.

I think I know which way I'm leaning, but it's a tough decision so I'm opening this up for debate.

4 comments:

  1. Totally love Samuel L but re: the Star Wars thing - not a great episode to begin with, his light sabre was purple of all colours, and his name sounded like someone who was going to either club you to death or fart a lot. Maybe both at the same time. As for Subban, he gets to play with the Habs. Samuel L is cool, but there's no topping playing with the Habs, even by him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tyger, that was HILARIOUS... but I guess we have to agree to disagree on the Star Wars thing. I mean come on, a PURPLE light saber is awesome! Jackson actually requested it because purple is his favourite colour or something and he told George Lucas he wanted to make sure people could always pick him out in long shots during epic fight scenes.
    But it's little things like that, that leave me undecided.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I voted for Samuel. I'm as big a Star Wars fan as I am Habs fan, and I'm not even giving SLJ credit for his role as Mace Windu.

    PK just has a long, long way to go before he can match SLJ's cool factor. He can do it, but for now the veteran has the advantage. I mean, he was in Goodfellas! Sure, it was a tiny role, and he got his head blown off, but he was in GOODFELLAS! I think PK was 2 years old when that movie came out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make an excellent point, Kyle. PK's awesome, but we don't know how awesome yet. Jackson being cool is more reliable than the weatherman being wrong.

    ReplyDelete

If you're a spambot, I'm just going to stop you right now. Your message will be deleted, so don't even bother, okay? Okay.