Monday, October 11, 2010

Giving Thanks: Montreal Canadiens Edition



Right now everyone in Canada is tired and lazy thanks to a belly full of turkey, and maybe sitting in front of a football game. I don't have much time left to wish you all a happy Thanksgiving.

So here's my Thanksgiving post. Hopefully it's better than the half-hearted "I'm thankful for... Twitter" I squeaked out yesterday, not long before perusing my Twitter feed in an attempt to avoid the anti-Glee dinner conversation. (It's a SATIRE!) After all, I am a hockey blogger in the biggest hockey city on Earth... so there are a couple of things to be thankful for.

I'm thankful for my team, obviously. The spectacular goaltending, the scrappy fighters, the incredible goals, and the wicked wins. I'm thankful that the five Canadiens on the cover of Elle Quebec don't look ridiculous despite the bizarre fashions they were dressed in. I'm thankful that our highest-paid players are going to earn every cent of their salaries this season. I'm thankful that we have an excess of talented prospects.

I'm thankful for everyone who reads and supports Hab It Her Way. I appreciate all the support and feedback that Czechtacular and I have had from the blogging community. It's always good to know that there are other female fans who know their stuff and are trying to kill the puckbunny stereotype.

Lastly, I'm thankful for the people who stress me out. I know it may sound strange, but if I didn't have villains and nemeses, there would be so much less to write about. I'm grateful that there are idiots out there who'll hate Carey Price no matter what, and people who think the world can't be a better place unless the NHL comes back to Quebec City. If I didn't have people to criticize, I would have so much less to write about. I'd have lower blood pressure, that's for sure, but the blog would be boring. So... it's a tradeoff, I guess.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. I hope you all had lots of pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're a spambot, I'm just going to stop you right now. Your message will be deleted, so don't even bother, okay? Okay.