Saturday, December 18, 2010

No place like HIHW for the holidays

Some hockey-themed holiday reading, if you're not one of those people who gets into the Christmas spirit by listening to awful pop covers of Christmas standards. Or, heaven forbid, Christmas songs written by former Beatles:

Do you remember last year's HIHW Holiday Gift Guide? If you don't, here are Part One, Part Two, and Part Three.

More on gifts: I broke down my most recent awful merchandise finds into Gifts I Don't Want and Gifts I Won't Give.

The Active Stick's Christmas list might just be better than my fake Christmas list. (More on that later.)

Habs Laughs has New Year's Resolutions for the Canadiens.

And, finally, I've got to admit that I just don't have what it takes to make a Puck Daddy-worthy Christmas card. So, I made, um, postcards.

This one's for Czechtacular.
You can send this one to the friend who loves HockeyFights.com more than oxygen
Habs haters might like to make a short joke out of this, but Gill and Gionta are my favourite sight gag and also I love them.
This is one of the only LA Kings pictures I have on my computer, I swear
This one is for your older sister. It's a proven fact that most big sisters love Christopher Higgins, no matter what team he plays for.
This one's for puckbunnies. (Even though I'm usually against them... it's Christmas.) It's also a reference to my Christmas list.
So... the fake Christmas list I've been alluding to? It started with my brother's promise that this year's Christmas present would be one for the ages. "You'll never guess," he keeps saying, "and you're going to freak out." I have no idea what it could be, so I wrote a list of the most improbable, but awesomest things I could think of. Here is that list.
Now go get ready for the holidays, spend your Christmas bonus on an outfit for your ugly sweater party, or bake some cookies or something!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, ditto on that Jersey Shore thing. Or even better, what if you combined a few on the list. Say your job was to kick them out of a Habs game, then your new pet tiger ate them. 3 for 1. Boom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boom.
    My mom thought that this was my literal Christmas list, by the way, and asked me where it was. I don't think she could hook me up with goalie lessons from Ken Dryden. I'm not even sure she could hook me up with goalie lessons from Curtis Sanford.

    ReplyDelete

If you're a spambot, I'm just going to stop you right now. Your message will be deleted, so don't even bother, okay? Okay.