Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sort of a game preview: Habs v Lightning

Didn't we just see the Tampa Bay Lightning, like, last week?

Not that I'm complaining or anything, because they're one of the few teams in the East that I like, and they're in town after the Capitals, another team I like. (But those games are bookended by the Penguins and Rangers, who, uh, I don't change the channel when their coaches are on TV. That is my compliment to you, Pittsburgh and Manhattan.)

As you may know (or not, since I haven't written one of these in a while) I'm not very good at writing game previews, so I'll just highlight a few things to keep in mind:

As we learned during the last Habs-Bolts game on Hockey Night In Canada, Subban and Stamkos were teammates as kids, and they were so cute it almost makes me like kids.
It also might make people stop and think before they talk about Steven Stamkos as a machine who needs to score an Ovechtrick every week, and about PK Subban as if he's some kind of horrible human being.

During the last game we also found out about the Lightning's lucky dog, Chance. I'm going to repeat my suggestion that the Canadiens organization should hire one of my cats.
I submit this picture in lieu of a job interview.
Cardboard box not necessary. Juliet just likes sitting in it.
Warning: there is a slight chance one of these cats, like any cat, may attempt to stow away inside a hockey bag. Sound off in the comments if you'd like to guess which players are most likely to have a kitty hide inside their bag.

And the third thing we'll be paying attention to in this game should come as no surprise:
Not quite a photobomb there by Vinny
I've turned into a pretty good protégée, I'd say. I may not be able to break down every decision Guy Boucher makes, but I can see how well he runs his team.

If both Nigel Dawes and Aaron Palushaj are in the lineup tonight, I'll take a guess and say Palushaj scores first. He's scored both times the Bulldogs were at the Bell Centre, and they were great goals. No "Can he find the net?" questions here.

Go Habs Go!

1 comment:

  1. Why is it that neither Subban nor Stamkos have changed a bit since childhood? It's uncanny o.O

    Also, I would be extremely amused if Hal Gill or Andrei Kostitsyn find a cat in their bags

    ReplyDelete

If you're a spambot, I'm just going to stop you right now. Your message will be deleted, so don't even bother, okay? Okay.