Friday, April 1, 2011

Congratulations, Jarome


I'm not sure if I've ever made this clear enough, but Jarome Iginla is probably my absolute favourite NHL player. (I hope I didn't hurt Markov's feelings by saying so. Or Josh's. Or Carey's. Sorry boys.)

I've been a Jarome Iginla fan longer than I've been a hockey fan. I don't know why I picked Jarome out of all the players on Team Canada at the Olympics in 2002 or 2006 (I forget which year). I just loved him. Then I started watching hockey. The first non-Habs game I remember watching on TV was a Calgary Flames game. He's the reason why I love seeing the Flames play at the Bell Centre. Heck, I don't even care about all of Jarome's corporate sponsorships because I just love him that much.

Tonight, my absolute favourite hockey player scored his 1000th NHL point.
I've been waiting for this for a couple of weeks now, and I think he's been eager to get to 1000 because he's been playing something fierce lately. And tonight, I turned on the NHL Network right on time. One thousand points.

Congratulations, Jarome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're a spambot, I'm just going to stop you right now. Your message will be deleted, so don't even bother, okay? Okay.