Sunday, April 10, 2011

Why I could be a Torontonian

I had the pleasure of spending this weekend in Toronto. It didn't rain too much and I got to visit all the restaurants and attractions I wanted to see. I'd never been before, and I hadn't encountered too many Leafs fans, so it was quite the experience. I don't think I have much in common with them.
Except for one thing.

There's a slight chance I hate PK Subban.
WAIT, WHAT???!?
OK, not really, since on Tuesday I bought a T-shirt with his name on it and chose to pack it in my suitcase over my Habs jersey or other T-shirts (sorry, Carey), right after the game ended. A game during which I screamed and cheered so much that I got a little hoarse. And then PK got my team into the playoffs and I think I exaggerated a little with the screaming and the jumping and all of those things.

I woke up on Wednesday with a froggy voice. I sounded like crap. I fully expected to have a sore throat (I'd been planning it since September) but I thought it would go away after a couple of days.

It is now Sunday and my throat feels like it's burning. I hate you, PK. I hate you because you are too awesome for words, and that's probably a good thing because I can't speak these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're a spambot, I'm just going to stop you right now. Your message will be deleted, so don't even bother, okay? Okay.