Saturday, September 10, 2011

Let's Get Started

Tickets for Canadiens home games went on sale today, thus continuing Montreal's tradition of keeping fans indoors on what might be the last warm Saturday of the year.

I don't know why I do it: sitting in a "virtual waiting room" and paying ridiculous service charges and ever-increasing ticket prices, then waiting months until I actually go to the game I spent money on. And, of course, I don't care because just getting out of the virtual waiting room feels like winning the lottery. But it's been months since I've seen any hockey, live or on TV, so I don't care.

As a hockey fan, I'm excited to get over The Year That Hurt and end this emotionally painful offseason. I'm so excited to see my Habs that I won't even complain about how this season's promotional campaign is kind of creepy and has already been done by the NBA.
I love all my Habs, but I wouldn't want to chop them in half and sew them together. Not even to make Super-Habs.
Although... I could sell a script to the producers of Saw...
I can't be the only one who remembers these ads:


Outside of hockey, I've had a great summer and don't want the weather to start cooling down. I want hockey as a reward for braving the winds and the snow. Knowing that I won't have to watch people shuffle around in flip-flops like morons isn't satisfaction enough. (Seriously, though, what is about flip-flops that makes people forget how to walk like functional human beings?)

But this is it. It's time to stop thinking about playoff heartbreak and start wondering what new things I'll learn this season and what awesome sports things I'll get to see for the first time. It's time to put away the bad-luck Gorges T-shirt until next summer. It's time to think about face paint and pub fries. It's time to be irrational and clog up the DVR for the next seven months.

This is going to be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're a spambot, I'm just going to stop you right now. Your message will be deleted, so don't even bother, okay? Okay.