Saturday, February 25, 2012

Trade Deadline Emergency Kit

Last year, NHL Trade Deadline Day was all about sitting in my pajamas, watching TSN, and maybe drinking rum at hours when only pirates should be drinking rum. But that was before I became full-time, spending my Monday to Fridays at the office.
What's a girl to do to keep track of all the trades and drama (and boring lulls between the trades and drama) when she's at her desk, poring over spreadsheets and email alerts? She puts together a Trade Deadline Emergency Kit.
Cell phone. Like I did on Canada Day, I'll get a text message every time one of TSN's insiders tweets something, so I can see the news as it breaks. And yes, I'll have my charger with me in case it's a busy day and all the news drains my phone battery.

Stress ball. Luckily, I have one at my desk for those "Looks like [player you like] to [team you hate] deal is close to being done" tweets. I want to try and avoid yelling and whatnot at my place of work, if at all possible.

Post-it notes, next to my cell phone on my desk, to remind me of the day's most important projects in case I get too distracted.

Chocolate. To relieve the stress of bad trades, pass the time during the boring hours, and keep me awake in case I've got a case of the Mondays.

That's all I've got for now, but I think it'll be enough to get me through the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're a spambot, I'm just going to stop you right now. Your message will be deleted, so don't even bother, okay? Okay.