Saturday, September 1, 2012

I Don't Heart This Shirt

I'm far more superstitious about sports than I care to admit.
This is my New York Jets T-shirt. I bought it about a year ago. It's not so great. It came from Old Navy and I paid full retail price for it. Such are my (regrettable) options as a female person in Montreal who wants to own NFL merchandise that fits her. (Okay, and also a boy told me to buy it, which is never a legitimate reason to buy anything, because look at this mediocre Jets shirt that I paid full price for.)

Every time I wore it last year, the Jets failed. Hard. It might have just been that 2011 wasn't their year... but it might also have been the shirt. The first game of the season? I wore it for the first three quarters of the game and then showered and went to bed, in anticipation of an early morning. And, as you may remember, the Jets were awful the entire time I watched the game and then came back in the fourth quarter. Yes, I know that that happened in part because they were playing Dallas and Tony Romo can never finish a game, but it was because of the shirt, I swear.
And, well, you know how the rest of the Jets' season went. They were far from the Jets that I fell for just one year earlier.

So, what should I do with this thing to help rid the Jets of last year's bad juju?

  • Treat it like I do my "unlucky" Josh Gorges T-shirt, and hide it away during the football season, only to be seen in the offseason?
  • Cut it up and do some sort of craft project with it? Or maybe use the pieces as rags?
  • Burn it? Bury it? Go to the beach and throw it into the water?

  • Buy myself another Jets shirt at Old Navy and hope the same thing doesn't happen again?

Suggestions are welcome.

3 comments:

  1. Pretend it's a Winnipeg Jets shirt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Number31 Maybe the return of the Winnipeg Jets caused their namesake, the NY Jets, to have a bad season.... *gasp*!

    @Cam NOT HELPING

    ReplyDelete

If you're a spambot, I'm just going to stop you right now. Your message will be deleted, so don't even bother, okay? Okay.